Wintergreen Northern Wear values your privacy. Accordingly, we have developed this policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We do not sell your information to external parties.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Wintergreen Northern Wear does not store your credit card information. It is collected and processed on a per-order basis, and cannot be accessed directly by our staff.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If at any time you would like to access your data for clarification, to make changes, or to be erased, please contact us. You also have the option to opt-in or opt-out of our marketing services at any time. Please be aware that erasure or alteration of information will affect your order history and may complicate returns.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Concerning the GDPR
As of May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was enacted by the EU. The GDPR imposes new obligations and responsibilities on controllers and processors of data.
Wintergreen Northern Wear has taken many steps to be GDPR compliant.
Upon request, we will gladly provide access to any stored personal data within 30 days. This will be presented in an easily readable format.
Article 15 of the GDPR also requires us to provide additional context around how we use your data, including:
- The purposes for which the customer’s data was processed.
- The third-parties that received this data.
- Any relevant retention periods.
- Where the information was collected from (if not directly from the customer).
- Whether or not the data was used as part of any automated decision-making.
Additionally, we will ensure:
- The customer’s right to request information be corrected or erased.
- The customer’s right to object to how their information was processed.
- The customer’s right to complain to a regulator.
Additional Consent Features for GDPR
- During website checkout, customers will be able to check a box, opting in or out of potential marketing material.
- Our newsletter will require all new and current subscribers to opt-in to Marketing permissions, allowing us to send the newsletter to them.
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your information is as follows:
- We process your personal information, including Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address, Credit Card Information, IP Address and Device Information because this is required to complete our service; or, to complete an online purchase.
- We process your digitial information including Email Address and Social Media Information, when provided, after being granted consent by the user.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.