- Gift Cards
During a Polar, Arctic and Mountaineering career spanning 27 years, Lonnie Dupre has traveled over 15,000 miles throughout the high arctic and polar regions by dog team, ski and kayak.
Dupre was awarded the Soviet Sportsman Medal for Arctic exploration in 1989 and was elected Fellow National of the Explorers Club in 1996. He has authored three books titled "Greenland Expedition - Where Ice is Born", “Life on Ice", and "Alone at the Top". His expeditions have been featured in such varied publications as Reader' Digest, Sports Illustrated, Outside Magazine, National Geographic, Backpacker, Australian Geographic, Sea Kayaker and Explorers Journal.
• Outside Magazine’s Most Badass Adventures 2015
• National Geographic Adventure - Best of Adventure 2005
• Rolex Award for Enterprise 2004
• Polartec Challenge Award 2000 & 2001
• Elected Fellow National of the Explorers Club 1996
• Winter Olympics, Oslo, Norway 1994
• Soviet Sportsman’s medal 1989
• Dupre completed the first west to east, 3,000 mile winter crossing of Canada's famed Northwest passage by dog team
• Achieved the first circumnavigation of Greenland, a 6,500 mile, all non-motorized journey by kayak and dog team
• Lonnie has pulled sleds on skis from Canada to the North Pole twice achieving over 68 million impressions worldwide on issues surrounding climate change
• Dupre accomplished the first solo winter ascent of Alaska's Mount Denali (20,340ft) in January 2018
• Alpine Ascent of Kyajo Ri (20,295ft) in Nepal