Wintergreen Northern Wear
Waxed Cotton City Slicker (Women's)
Designed, Cut, and Sewn in MN | Life's an Adventure - Wear it!™
Specs & Features
- Semi-slim fit
- Wax Cotton Outer Shell Lined with Merino Wool Tartan Plaid
- Hood visor to shed rain
- Mid-thigh Length
- Full zip design with snap closure featuring the Wintergreen logo
- Articulated sleeves for added comfort and function
- Two hand-warmer pockets and one 'stash' pocket on the sleeve
- Outer Shell made from 8.8 oz. Halley Stevensons® waxed cotton from Scotland. Imported fabric.
- Lining made from lightweight Merino Wool Tartan Plaid from Scotland. Imported fabric.
Weight (largest size)
- 2.49 kg (88 oz.)
Care for your garment:
- Brush off dirt, spot clean with sponge
- Do not use soaps or detergents
- Always re-wax with Halley Stevensons® wax.
- Do not machine wash, dry clean, iron, or tumble dry
- Spot clean lining with cold water
Retreating your Wax Cotton Garment:
- Warm the HS wax tin in hot water to soften
- Work wax into the garment using clean cloth
- Avoid over-waxing - use absorbent paper towels
between cotton and lining to collect excess wax
- Pay attention to seams, creases and dry patches
- Using a hairdryer, warm the fabric & massage
- Hang the garment overnight in a warm place
Questions? Don't hesitate to reach out to us by email or call 1-(844)-ELY-MADE. We are happy to help!
Shipping & Returns
We do our best to send out in-stock orders within 1-2 business days. Please keep in mind that we get backlogged during the holiday season and it could take longer. For shipping times, go here for more information.Please Note: If you choose to complete your purchase with a Make to Order or Limited Edition item included, all items in the order will be held until your Made to Order item is ready to ship. Returns
Looking to place a return or exchange an item? We do our best to process exchanges within 7 business days. Because we make everything by hand, we get backlogged during peak seasons and sales and it may take longer to complete if we are out of stock. We will gladly accept returns within 90 days of your original purchase. See here for more information.
Wintergreen Size Charts - Women's Tops
Because we make all of our garments by hand, please allow a 1/2" sizing difference for production error.
Wintergreen Fit Page
Oversized for 2-3 layers underneath
Looser fit to allow for 1-2 layers underneath
Contoured to body but allows for layering underneath
Fits contour of body similar to a base layer
All of our garments have a "tailored" cut; slightly tapered to fit body shape and keep a well fitting look throughout. The amount of contour is more gradual for looser fitting items. For our Women's style, this means more room in the bust & hips and a slightly tapered waist. For our Men's style, this means more room in the shoulders and a slightly tapered waist/hips area.
Wintergreen Size Chart - How To Measure
Explore the Waxed Cotton City Slicker (Women's) Features
Hood with visor
Forgot your hat? No problem. This hood features a visor to help shed rain and more.
Longer style for more warmth and protection against wind during cold days.
Full zip design with snap closure featuring the Wintergreen logo
Full zip with snap closure adds to wind resistance and secures the wind flap over the zipper for warmth in the harshest weather.
Articulated sleeves for added comfort and function
Designed to embrace elbows and body curvature with stiff fabric for better fit and comfort.
How it's Made
We know what works. We began in 1985 by designing gear for our first expedition to the North Pole. Since then, we’ve explored just about every cold place on the planet, from Greenland to the Russian Arctic – all with our own gear. Serious field-testing.
We make it ourselves, we sell it ourselves. Nothing is made overseas or sold to other retailers. Rolls of fabric come in the back of our shop and finished garments go out the front. We monitor quality every step of the way.
We make our clothing with the best quality materials available. As a result of our thorough testing, we use only top-of-the-line fabrics that perform as expected. Wintergreen Northern Wear is built to last a lifetime by American craftspeople earning livable wages.